Here's a (non-exhaustive) round-up of some general travel articles about Reunion that have been published in the written press over the past dozen or so years.
- Mauritius and La Réunion: Tropical twin peaks with a touch of pumice - The Independent (UK), February 23rd 2015
|Hiking the caldera in La Réunion (© Mike Unwin)|
- La Réunion: A flavour of France in the Indian Ocean - The Independent (UK), May 10th 2014
- Tight-rope walking on La Réunion, Indian Ocean - The Telegraph (UK), January 13th 2014
- A grand Reunion: Volcanoes, beaches and French accents in an Indian Ocean paradise - Daily Mail (UK), 25th October 2012
|in the cirque of Cilaos (photo © Daniel Born)|
|Vanilla, coffee and spices are the prized products on|
Reunion Island. (Picture: © Jo Kerozen / Wikipedia)
- Adventure Island hits the mark - Adelaide Now, March 19th 2011
- Reunion on volcanic island - Queensland Times, March 9th 2011
- Peak season: Indian Ocean adventures in La Réunion - The Independent (UK), April 11th 2009
- Joyful Reunion - Daily Mail (UK), August 22nd 2007
- Short Breaks - in search of plant life in Reunion - The Independent on Sunday (UK), January 18th 2004
- Spice Island and How Reunion brought vanilla to the world - The Independent (UK), December 6th 2003
- Island rendezvous - The Guardian (UK), July 23rd 2003
|"A million miles from Paris ...|
it's easy to while away the
afternoon lounging under a tree".
- Réunion: It's France, but not as we know it - The Independent (UK), August 13th 2001
- Under the Volcano - Time magazine, April 16th 2001
- Gallic charm in a tropical setting - The Telegraph (UK), April 4th 2001
- The French empire strikes back - The Sunday Times, January 3rd 2010, with a translation into French. (Article written by Rosie Millard, who wrote Bonnes Vacances! A Crazy Family Adventure in the French Territories and filmed "Croissants in the Jungle" with her husband for The Travel Channel).
Do you know of any other articles you'd like to see added to this list?