Facebook is a great place for photographers to showcase their talent. When those photographers happen to live on Reunion Island they're constantly surrounded by inspiring subjects, especially in the natural world.
Below is a list of Facebook pages of photographers based in Reunion. Some pages are only in French, but even if you're a non-French speaker I'm sure this won't stop you from appreciating the beautiful photographs that are regularly posted.
- Alice Bertin - very varied subjects: underwater, close-ups and landscapes.
|waterfall, ©Alice Bertin|
- BeMez Pictures - mainly landscape photos, some wildlife.
|one of ©BeMez's pictures|
- Critters Reunion Island & Oceans by Nathalie Rodrigues - underwater photos
- Deltapict Photographies - varied photographs of Reunion, both at day and night.
|sunset near La Possession, ©Deltapict Photographies|
- DroneCopters by Jonathan Payet - drone pictures of Reunion
|Sainte-Suzanne lighthouse © Dronecopters|
- Fleurs de l'île de la Réunion - macro pictures of Reunion Island flowers and plants by Jean-Luc Renouil; also some pictures of insects.
|Close-up of a taro leaf © Jean-Luc Renouil|
- Frog 974 - mainly landscapes, particularly at sunrise or sunset.
|Dusk over St Pierre, May 29th 2013, ©Frog 974|
- Life in the Coral Reef of Reunion - the name says it all!
- Jill Pollock - varied: close-ups, landscapes, some nightscapes similar to Luc Perrot, portraits. See here for more. (Twitter: @PollockJill)
|'Golden Cliff', Vincendo, Reunion © Jill Pollock|
- Katia Ferrer ("Les photos de Kat") - photos on land and underwater.
|Evening reflections, ©Katia Ferrer|
- Kevin Le Pape: Amateur wildlife photographer : birds, insects, landscapes.
|Baby panther chameleon © Kevin Le Pape|
- Lionel Ghighi - a variety of landscape and portrait photos, specialised in aerial photography.
- LR Photographies - Ludovic Rivière mainly takes landscape photos, often at dawn, dusk or sunrise.
|Looking at Piton des Neiges from the road leading to the volcano|
- Luc Perrot - probably Reunion's best known photographer, his astronomy photos have won several international prizes. He writes captions in English and French. For some examples of his work see here. (Twitter: @LucPerrot_Photo)
- Neptune Plongée - beautiful photos by professional diver David Paris.
|nudibranch, ©David Paris|
- Olivier Borson - mainly black and white photographs from Reunion and his travels abroad. Captions are in English and French. (Twitter: @Beyond_My_Mind)
|Cloudy night sky at the Plaine des Sables, ©Olivier Borson|
- Onery - buildings, people, photographic artwork
|house at Entre-Deux © Onery|
- Patrick You-Seen - mainly wildlife, also some landscape photos.
- Pierre Choukron - photos covering the themes of aviation, architecture, cuisine, reptiles, the volcano etc. Has a bilingual website.
|Piton de la Fournaise ©Pierre Choukron|
- Réunion Underwater Photography - as the name says, photos of Reunion underwater. Photos are sometimes shared by PADI. Sister page of Entre Terre et Mer. (Twitter: @aquazimages)
|mantis shrimp, ©Reunion Underwater Photography|
- Romain Philippon - this professional freelance photographer takes striking photos of people. (See also his publishing company Pendant Ce Temps). (Twitter: @RomainPhilippon)
|Marine Delbeck © Romain Philippon|
- Steph Photographies - mainly landscapes, often at sunrise or sunset.
|sunset at Bois Blanc beach ©Steph Photographies|
- Timaoul photographies - mainly close-ups of plants and animals.
|Mascarene swiftlet, ©Timaoul photos|
- TJ Photographies - mainly landscapes and flora & fauna. Captions in English and French.
|Golden orb web spider, Ste Suzanne, ©TJ Photographies|
- Tofruokal - mainly wildlife photos (birds and insects), and some landscapes.
If you're a Reunion-based photographer who'd like to see their Facebook page included in this list, or if you know of a page that should be included, please leave me a message in the comments below.