Planning a trip to Reunion? Looking for the perfect travel companion? Be inspired by the fully-updated 2nd edition of the Insight Guide to Mauritius, Reunion & Seychelles: a full-colour and comprehensive guide in English for real visitors and armchair travellers alike. It has excellent maps, beautiful colour photos breaking up the text, as well as informative and easy-to-read articles and listings. This new edition is thoroughly up-to-date, with its trademark ‘Insight’ articles and features on local history, culture and touristy stuff. To write their books Insight Guides use local experts who provide insider know-how and share their love and knowledge of the destination.
· A fully-overhauled edition by three expert local authors (that's me for the Reunion section ☺).
· Inspirational: stunning, specially-commissioned photography brings these idyllic destinations and their people, sights and excursions to life.
· Highlights of top attractions, including Piton de la Fournaise, one of the planet's most active volcanoes; and the Cirques, Reunion’s three huge caldera-like valleys.
· Descriptive region-by-region accounts cover the destinations in depth.
· Detailed, high-quality maps throughout will help you get around with ease, pinpointing the key attractions featured in every chapter.
· Travel tips give you all the essential information for planning a memorable trip, including an independent selection of the best places to eat and the best activities on offer, and useful advice on everything from climate to money.
· Rich heritage: explore the islands’ vibrant history and culture and understand their modern-day life, people and politics.
· Editor’s Choice: whether it be sporting activities, best beaches, culture and heritage, wildlife watching, or parks and gardens, there’s an at-a-glance guide to highlights of the most special places to visit.
· A free app and e-book. The Walking Eye app features an up-to-date A to Z of travel tips, information on events, activities, and destination highlights as well as hotel, restaurant and bar listings.
Insight Guides has over 40 years' experience of publishing high-quality, visual travel guides. They produce around 400 full-colour print guidebooks and maps as well as picture-packed eBooks to meet different travellers' needs. Insight Guides' unique combination of beautiful travel photography and focus on history and culture together create a unique visual reference and planning tool to inspire your next adventure.
The Insight Guide to Mauritius, Reunion & Seychelles is published today in the USA & Canada, and was published on January 15th 2016 in the UK.
This article was originally published on the Go To Reunion blog.